Laboratory /diagnostic services:
Allows for rapid routine blood, urine and faecal analysis, which provide us with information concerning the physical status of your pet.
We are also equipped to perform basic cytology and external parasite evaluations. These tests are performed by our trained team of Registered Veterinary Technicians.
Outside Laboratory Services: We utilize outside laboratory services for specialized blood, urine and fecal testing; histopathology and specialized cytology; viral and DNA testing; microbiology; and necropsy.
Annual diagnostic testing for the varied life stages of your pet allows your veterinarian to identify potential problems in time to prevent them from becoming major illnesses. Often treatment can begin before a crisis arises. As your pet grows older, more comprehensive testing is necessary to determine its complete health status. We offer the following profiles for the various life stages of your pet:
- Wellness Profile: For pets up to 6 years old. Annual testing includes a baseline whole blood and blood chemistry profile, which encompasses red and white cell, and kidney, liver and blood sugar status.
- Life Enhancement Profile: For pets between 6 and 10 years of age. A more comprehensive annual whole blood and blood chemistry profile. Also includes thyroid function testing and a urinalysis. May include an electrocardiogram and/or X-rays if the veterinarian considers this necessary.
- Mature Pet Profile: For pets greater than 10 years of age. Annual testing includes a comprehensive whole blood and blood chemistry profile; thyroid function testing; urinalysis; faecal analysis; chest X-rays; and an electrocardiogram.
- Annual Fecal Analysis: A yearly stool check for internal parasites.
- Pre-anaesthetic Testing: Pre-anaesthetic blood testing is required, as we need to know your pet’s physical status prior to the administration of a general anaesthetic. This greatly increases patient safety, reduces your anxiety level, and may disclose unknown medical conditions which could indicate that the procedure should be postponed. The level of Pre-anaesthetic testing is dependant upon your pet’s age and current physical status